Users and admins may experience delays when performing provisioning actions.
More info: Scenarios impacted for provisioning delays include, but are not limited to;
- Newly created tenants
- Newly added users to existing tenants
- Newly created sites
- Users being added to security groups may not be reflected immediately
- Users being granted admin access via Azure Privileged Identity Management (PIM) may not be reflected
- The Microsoft Teams files tab appearing for a SharePoint Online or OneDrive for Business sites
- Assigning licenses to new or existing users
The expected time is to complete within 24 hours, however, our telemetry indicates some requests are taking up to 92 hours to complete.
Current status: The provisioning components are continuing to process requests; however, due to the number of incoming requests, the backlog of queued requests has not been significantly reduced. We're continuing development with the previously mentioned workstreams to produce code changes to expedite the provisioning request process as a whole.
Scope of impact: This issue could potentially impact any tenant or admin if they are attempting to do any activity which requests provisioning.
Preliminary root cause: A large increase in provisioning requests has resulted in queued requests developing for internal data gathering directory services.
Next update by: Tuesday, April 16, 2020, 5:30 PM (5:30 PM UTC)