If you intend to have BindTuning solutions on your modern pages, it's required to deploy the products at the APP Catalog either Tenant or Site Collection. Note that it's mandatory to have at least create the Tenant APP Catalog so you can install successfully the BindTuning products. The process to create this infrastructure on your SharePoint is described in this article.
You have also the Site Collection APP catalog possibility which will be more specific scenarios and it's also covered on this article.
Tenant APP Catalog
- The BindTuning theme is deployed on the tenant but not activated on the Site Collection unless you activate them on the site.
- BindTuning Web Parts solutions are deployed globally across all site collections. They are only used when added to the pages.
- It’s created once per tenant.
- Recommend using this method when you license the BindTuning Products.
To create you need Tenant Global Admin Permission but once the Tenant app catalog has been added to Tenant the administrators of that Site Collection can manage apps for the Tenant. This created once per tenant.
How to create Tenant APP Catalog?
This configuration needs to be done once per tenant and on this interface.
- Sign in on your SharePoint Admin Center (https://contoso-admin.sharepoint.com)
- If you have the new SharePoint admin center open, go to the Classic Mode.
- In the left pane, select apps, and then select App Catalog.
- If the App Catalog site doesn’t open, select Create a new app catalog site, and then select OK.
- On the Create App Catalog Site Collection page, enter the required information, and then select OK.
Site Collection APP Catalog
- The BindTuning theme is deployed on the Site Collection but need to be activated on the Sites.
- BindTuning Web Parts solutions are deployed only in the selected site collection. They are only used when added to the pages.
- You can have one APP Catalog per site collection.
- Recommend using this method when you trial the BindTuning Products or if you intend to have a dev environment.
- If you have the same solution install on both App catalogs, the Site app catalog will have priority.
You need Tenant Global Admin Permission only one-time during setup. You will need site collection admin permissions after.
Once the site collection has been added to the approved list of site collection app catalog, site collection administrators can manage apps under that site collection
How to create Site Collection APP Catalog?
The BindTuning Clutch and the installation of the theme, it’ll create for you this Site Collection App Catalog if the user that you’re using during the login has the permissions to activate this feature. Below are PowerShell scripts that you need to run to Activate the App Catalog on the Site Collection.
SharePoint Online Management Shell
Connect-SPOService -Url "https://Contoso-admin.sharepoint.com"
Add-SPOSiteCollectionAppCatalog -Site “https://Contoso.sharepoint.com/sites/contoso”
Connect-PnPOnline -Url "https://contoso-admin.sharepoint.com"
Add-PnPSiteCollectionAppCatalog -Site “https://Contoso.sharepoint.com/sites/contoso”