Several of BindTuning's Web Parts will provide you with the ability to connect to your pre-existing data sources (i.e, SharePoint lists). Likewise, and on several distinctive scenarios, you may want to order the content being presented on the web part, based on a specific column retrieved from that same source.
In this article, you'll find detailed instructions on how to configure your sorting options.
Below are the BindTuning Web Parts that have available the option to use SharePoint lists as a data source:
- Image Gallery
- RSS Feed
Here you can define what will be the order of your Web Part items being displayed, using the internal name of one of your list columns. You will need to type in the internal name of the list column on the Order by text box - the Web Part will sort the items according to the value of the cell name you enter.
Here is what you need to do:
- Access your Site contents and open your list;
- On the top menu, click on List and then List Settings (or Settings > List Settings);
- On the Columns section, click to open the column name you want to use;
- Inside, on the URL look for "...Field=...".
- Copy the internal name;
- Now paste the name into the text box;
- Choose the order, Ascending or Descending.
With Add Order By, you can add more sorting options following the steps above.