Note: Changing this configuration is only available for the Classic Experience themes.
You can make the Side Bar have a lower width. The default width of the theme is 25% of the page and with this setting, you can have it changed to 16%. To change the width of the Side Bar, please proceed as follows for your corresponding theme version.
Note: If you're looking into modifying the Horizontal Menu (Global Navigation) width, follow the steps provided here.
SharePoint Office 365, SharePoint 2013/2016
- Open your site in SharePoint designer;
- Go to All Files > _catalogs > masterpage > THEME_NAME;
- Check out and edit in advanced mode the master in use;
- Save the file, check in and, if asked, publish a major version;
- Refresh your browser using CTRL + F5.
- Go to BindTuning Settings Page.
- Select the section Vertical Menu.
- Choose Mega Menu in the Style option.
- Save the page properties.
- Refresh your browser using CTRL + F5