By default, our themes work with SharePoint's Managed Navigation. On the following article, we explain how to create and apply a Managed Metadata Navigation on both Modern and Classic SharePoint sites and/or pages.
- In your SharePoint site:
- Go to Settings > Site Settings;
- Under Look and Feel select Navigation.
- Select the Managed Navigation for the Global Navigation;
- Scroll down and click Create Term Set;
- Once created, open the Term Store Management Tool to edit the term set;
- Expand your term set and create new terms;
- Build your menu structure with at least 3 levels
- Save the menu
By default, Modern Site Collections do not allow for the usage of Managed Navigation. However, BindTuning themes provide this same functionality.
Picking up from the creation of the Term Set mentioned on the steps above, we may apply this same principle to Modern sites.
To set up your Term Set Navigation, follow the steps below:
- Open your site collection;
- Click on the button BindTuning Settings;
- Click on Navigation;
- On the Menu provider dropdown, select Term Set;
- Navigate to your Term Store Management Tool, and find your corresponding term set;
- On your General tab, copy the Unique Identifier;
- Paste the ID under Term Set ID;