Starting in release X.X.X.2, BindTuning themes are packaged including demo content which can be directly imported into your Orchard website.
Important: Your BindTuning theme must be installed and applied to the site, prior to proceeding.
To import demo content into your Orchard website, proceed as follows:
- Login to bindtuning.com, and go to your account. Download your theme's demo content .zip file:
- Extract the zip file to your computer. File is named ThemeName.ORXX.DemoContent.zip
- The extracted file is an XML file.
- Login to your Orchard website as administrator
- Go to Dashboard (http://YOURURL/Admin)
- You may need install “Import Export” Module
- Go to "Modules"
- Search by “Import Export”
- Check and Click “Enable”
- Open “Import Export” module
- Upload demo content file (.XML) and click “Import”
- You're done.
- Please select the correct xml file according to your installed Orchard version. If you have an version below 1.9 select "DemoContent_Before_v1.9.xml", if equal or above 1.9 select "DemoContent.xml".
- All demo pages will use the default layout, if you wish to change to a specific layout see this article Assigning a layout to a single page or How to change the default Layout.
- The demo content will create a new menu, so you need to "Unpublish" the default menu "MainMenu" on the admin Widgets section to use the new menu.
- To set one of the demo pages as home page, must check the option "Set as home page" on the page edit options in Content section.
- The demo images are not automatically imported, they need to be uploaded manually on the Media Library and update on the demo content their url paths.