This article applies only to Orchard versions until 1.4.
Orchard's "Advanced Menu" is a 3rd party module that allows the creation of custom, hierarchical menus in Orchard websites. Unlike base Orchard which only has one level for navigation, with this module you can easily create multi-level navigation, with several submenus.
Making our themes display Orchard's Advanced Menu, is now pretty simple. Here's how to:
- In your Orchard website, go to DashBoard > Widgets
- If you already have the Advanced module applied, click on the widget "Styled Menu Widget"
- Remove all menu values as follows:
- Click Save
- Now, go to your server's Orchard folders structure
- Locate folder \Modules\Szmyd.Orcharda.Modules.Menu\Styles
- Rename the following files (we do not want to use them):
- superfish.css to unused.superfish.css
- superfish-vertical.css to unused.superfish-vertical.css